Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Fun DIY Part 1

Hello
while I was busy preparing for my Honeydrips webstore launching, I happened to read the tweets of my friends about the fashion show which will be held on the next September 21st. tadaaaa~ it's only few days left! I immediately got panicked, because I haven't prepare everything properly for the show.
FYI: being a designer doesn't mean you have to be expert at fashion shows. I'm a dumbass.. yes, I like watching fashion shows, but I don't really like when it comes for me to showed up.

so I began to seriously prepare for the next show. and oh, we got the job in the last semester to make 2 night gown: maxi and mini. and actually my own dresses has been ready since a few months ago, but I was too lazy to give a finishing touch to the dresses. so when it has nearing the time I returned to Bandung, I became very busy taking care of everything.

so today is friday already, and on sunday (or monday, perhaps? :p) I have to go back to bandung, there will be no other time unless I'll work everything today. the dresses that will be used for the show would not be complete without an extra piece of extravaganza and outrageous head piece. because I am a DIY girl so this Friday titled: jadi judul hari Jumat ini adalah: DIY HEADPIECE MADE FOR FASHION SHOW. yipeeeeee! DIY project this time is rather special because I've included (although I am actually very lazy and forced) photographs of each step to make this project. so I will tell you how to make it in this post.

because today I made ​​3 pieces of diy projects, then I will divide this post into three parts. for those who have free time and want to try the tutorials presented on this blog I wish you good luck! :)
First of all I will explain about the concept that I take for my dress for the fashion show. I took the theme of culture eastern countries (asia) in the design concept, as well as taking sapphire blue as the dominant color used in the design. so for the headpiece itself, adopted from the fascinator hat which is now being used worldwide since the royal princess Kate Middleton wore it. for those who do not know the shape of fascinator hat can be found here :D Now I will show you my maxi dress appearance that looks too small in mannequin. damn T_T

this is the moodboard

 Now we start with our first DIY project! Bismillah...
voila! let's see how it looks.
thanks for reading, see you in the next Friday Fun DIY part~ :))

click here for the next part.

No comments:

Post a Comment